Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

It's all in how you say it ...

A few weeks ago my sweet little man said to me, out of the blue with no prompting, "I love you, Mommy!". I thought maybe it was just a fluke but yesterday (what a great day!), several times during the day I said "I love you!" and he quickly responded, "I love you too, Mommy!". While we were in the grocery store several times he requested "More loves!" and would give me a great big hug! And lately he's actually been climbing up on my lap to sit while I read him a story. Okay, some of you are saying, so, big deal. But it IS a big deal because my little guy historically has not been a cuddly lover. Can I tell you how exciting this is for me!?! Ever since I started getting nieces and nephews my favorite thing to do was snuggle up with a baby and have them either fall asleep or just sit in my lap and melt right in. Not to mention how awesome I thought it would be to be able to do that with my own baby. Well, 30 plus years later I finally get my wish! LOL

On another note, I'm sure you've all noticed in previous posts how homesick I am for California and how much I want to move back there. My DH and I have had several conversations about it, some even serious but all still just talk right now. My poor SIL, who is moving to Arizona, would love it if we would move in to her house but I told her I'm not moving again unless it's to California. Okay, there are other reasons for us not to move in to her house (nothing bad, just preferences, her house is awesome!!!) but you get the idea. Anyway, last night my DH comes home from work and says to me, "How would you feel about moving to Bountiful?". Of course my first thought is, ONLY IF BOUNTIFUL IS IN CALIFORNIA!!!!! To give you a little background, my husband and a few other guys have started their own sales company and right now it's based in Bountiful so it's not like he pulled this out of ... you know ... LOL So, after thinking about it for a few minutes I told my DH that I would only move to Bountiful if he made enough money for me to spend all summers from here until the end of time in Tahoe. He just looked at me and said, "Wow ... that's a lot of money." Bless his heart. At least he's not asking me to move to Magna.

1 comment:

Motherhood for Dummies said...

well bountiful isnt too bad. If I had to live in Utah again... I think either Bountiful or Logan.