Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Here's the scoop ...

I know there are some of you out there who are gonna collapse if you don't find out the reason behind yesterday's post. Let's just say that I was having a minor that-time-of-the-month meltdown (that had nothing to do with him) and instead of reacting in the normal fight or flight man fashion, my DH just put his arms around me, said he was sorry and told me he loved me. Note to all men everywhere: This is how we would like you to react ALL THE TIME! We know, deep down, there are times that it's not your fault and you will be rewarded. However, most of the time it IS your fault so reacting in the above manner is highly recommended. Even so, flight may still be your best bet. In which case, run. Far away. Faster.

And then there's my little guy. Just when I think he couldn't possibly get any cuter ... The past several days I have been trying to teach him how to pray. At bedtime, after teeth brushing and story reading we "talk to Heavenly Father". The first couple of times he wasn't very cooperative because it meant sitting still and he wasn't ready to go to bed but the last few times he's really gotten in to it. As he's getting ready to lay down he looks up at me with a cute little grin and asks, "Heavenly Father?" So I kneel by his bed and we hold hands and the whole time I'm getting myself settled (it takes me a minute, I'm 40) he's giggling like he does when he's really excited and happy about something. Last night he actually repeated what I told him to say for his prayer. And at the end he even said "Amen" all on his own without any prompting from me. I can't believe it's been less than a week. Wow, this little person is so ready to know Heavenly Father and it's my responsibility to help him along (doing the Wayne and Garth "I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy" LOL). It might not be so bad seeing as how he's done all right this far in spite of me, right?

SmileyCentral.com

1 comment:

Marcy said...

Just so you know: I was really okay not having to know. I figured it was something like the story told here. Although, I really did have to stop myself from asking...I figured you were going to get bugged enough. Again, to Darrin I say-congrats, you rock! Thanks for being so great to my Aunt Janet.
Note to parenting tales-Congratulation A. Janet...I'm glad that he is catching on (he IS such a smart one!). You are so great to pray with him...I could totally picture him all giddy waiting for you-so cute!