Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Where are my peeled grapes, Woman!?!


So this is how our morning started. At 6:45am. Yes, the T.V. is on. Don't judge me. Especially since I woke up with a headache that I couldn't get rid of. At least he's watching preschool on T.V. It could be worse, he could be trying to push dope in nursery. If this is the worst habit I teach him then ... yay me. Besides, I love hearing him sing along with each shows little songs.

Even though our morning started way too early (for me, apparently not for him) my little guy slept ALL NIGHT in his big boy bed without waking up once! And today he went right down for his nap and slept for two hours with no sneaking out of bed shenanigans. Which should really impress every single one of you because I bought him a new toy today that he even passed up T.V. watching to play with. And it's all he's talked about all day. If I would let him, he'd take it to bed with him. When I was in Ikea buying the bedding for his new big boy bed they had a train set out for the little kids to play with and he couldn't stop talking about it so I broke down and went back to get one. I know, I'm a sucker, because I saw a really cool kids tent and tunnel that I have to go back and get. When we were in California staying with my brother and sis-in-law, they had a really cool tent/tunnel set up and that was the only thing that would keep my little guy happy when he wasn't feeling well. I'm pretty sure I'm ruining all the good ideas for Christmas presents but I seriously can't wait that long. I can't get enough of watching my little guy have so much fun and yes, I am an instant gratification junky when it comes to him. LOL
Well, my husband is leaving for Missouri tomorrow (to visit his dad) and won't be back until Sunday. Two words: PAR-TAY! So far I have a crazy trip to the Park City outlets planned. Just me, my mom and my little guy. And let me tell you, Grandma knows how to party! If I get my little guy to tell her he loves her and misses her, she may even spring for lunch. Woo Hoo! I was going to plan a wild swim party with my sis-in-law and her three divas but diva #2 had the nerve to fall off a bike and break her foot today. The lengths some kids will go to for the attention! JK We love you diva #2 and hope you get better real soon! Cuz we still want to go swimming.

1 comment:

Marcy said...

I am so excited that he is diggin' his bed. Megan LOVES her bed and does great staying in it. I hope that Jonah will follow suit and keep up the great sleeping! PS-I am glad that you bought him the train...sounds like he'll love it, plus others can always get pieces to add to it! One more thing, the tunnel at IKEA is a great choice...the one my mom has is hard on the knees (the spring part is a hard bump to go over and isn't padded), but on the IKEA one, it is padded well and is smooth so the knees ride smoothly over it! If that made any sense at all!!