Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, August 3, 2008

All in a day

Everyone will be glad to know that we finally got a lock on our sliding glass door. We had to get some drill bits that would drill through metal, which we did, and now my little guy cannot escape and fill the wading pool with water and sit in it while still in his pajamas. At the crack of dawn. Boy howdy did he get upset when he realized he couldn't unlock the door. Threw a little bit of a fit even. Fine by me because now I have a little peace of mind. Notice how I said "little". Mostly because the majority of my mind is practically lost and the rest will still worry about him pulling the sharp knives out of the dishwasher and smearing toothpaste all over the bathroom.

It happened today ... I became one of the mothers that people chuckle about and shake their head at, including me. It's probably been going on for quite some time behind my back but today, our bishop no less, told my husband he had to chuckle while watching me in the back of the cultural hall during Sacrament Meeting. We've all seen it before, the frazzled mother chasing after the toddler who cannot sit still to save his life. My little guy was, of course, laughing that "come get me" laugh as he ran out the nearest exit. I was just glad he wasn't screaming like he's done so many times in the past. This was a good sign because then after Sacrament Meeting was over he went to nursery without a hitch so my DH and I could attend our other meetings in peace. So all in all, today was a banner day!

And here are a few little cute anecdotes ... My little guy has taken to answering me with "Yes sir!" How funny is that? I have absolutely no idea where he picked that up but I get a chuckle out of it every time. Maybe I'll teach him how to salute. Then this morning I had the "Preschool on TV" channel playing while my little guy was eating his breakfast. In between each show they have 5-8 mins of preschool type things like learning to count, matching, finding the object that is different, etc. Along with a lot of these little segments they have singing as well and sometimes my little guy will sing under his breath, which is really just him whispering the words along with the characters. But this morning he actually sang out loud. The words were just "la la la" but he had the tune and the tempo down pat, starting and ending right along with the song. He's even getting good at copying the dance moves. Simon Cowell (American Idol) better look out!!!
Webfetti.com

1 comment:

Marcy said...

The "yes sir" made me chuckle out loud...a salute would be hilarious!