Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, September 1, 2008

America's Next Top Model

Little Guy is wearing an off the shoulder, midriff baring two piece ensemble by Gymboree/Old Navy.

In all seriousness, when I saw this I almost couldn't take the picture I was laughing so hard. Here you see him sitting quite demurely but before I got my camera phone he was prancing all around the room trying to get the shirt off. Fortunately the effort to pull off clothes doesn't happen very often, but when it does happen, well, much can be said for cheap entertainment.

Speaking of prancing ... is it wrong to dance with wild abandon? I mean no thought to form or technique (but still fully clothed), just moving any way the music takes you. My little guy and I do it all the time but after yesterday I'm beginning to rethink the wisdom of it. Follow me back to yesterday morning where a mother and her son sit in the back row of the chapel (for quick escapes, you know). The announcements have been made, hymn sung, prayer given, another hymn sung, sacrament passed. Deceptively peaceful. Then the "So You Think You Can Dance" segment starts. Zoom in to little guy in the middle of the aisle dancing with that wild abandon mentioned earlier. Arms waving in the air, little body moving in contorted circles, big cheesy grin ... and I so badly wanted to laugh but the "wrong place, wrong time" of it all got the better of me and I got in to "Mean Mom" character. Someone once said to not wish your child's life away, ie: "I wish my child were old enough to roll over/crawl/walk/feed himself, etc." and I really think that is a wise admonition, however, I REALLY WISH MY LITTLE GUY WAS OLD ENOUGH TO MIND ME!!!! Although someone else once said I'd probably have to wait for him to be married before that happened, if then. Oh well.

4 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

YOU ARE HILARIOUS!!!!! I love reading your blog - especially the entries that give me one of those big, happy belly laughs! I say continue with the dancing - reckless abandon and all - but be sure you do one of those memory erasing spells before he turns 14 and heads off for his first stake dance. Some of those girls might not appreciate his moves, even if he is clothed!
Love ya,
Lisa

The Reese Family said...

Surely he gets his dance moves from his mama :) Ohhh and there's no shame in taking that leash to church with you :p Do what you've gotta do! :)

Melissa said...

All I can say is if he starts doin the cabbage patch like his pop, he will NEVER have a date. EVER.

Linda said...

Do you think monkey boy has a future as a fashion designer? If we put his talents as a dancer and a designer together, he could go really far! Seriously, enjoy this time - you'll look back and won't believe how fast the time has gone.