Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Panic at the Churchco

I've come to terms with the fact that I DREAD Sacrament Meeting. One might think we had dry council every Sunday the way my DREAD rears it's ugly head every Saturday night. But no. It's nothing like that. I just have a two and a half year old. (Most women are nodding their heads knowingly right about now saying, "Ah yes".) I honestly can't remember the last time I was able to sit and listen and actually retain any part of a meeting. I know there have been Sundays when I've had to leave my little guy at home with Daddy when he was sick but the trauma of all the other meetings has caused me to block out everything remotely related. So even though there might be some retention in there somewhere, it's completely lost. Add to the fact that I'm 40 it's a miracle I can even function at all. LOL My little guy's only saving grace is that even when he's being a pill, he's still so dang cute! Today my panic was a little more severe because I had to play the piano for a musical number but didn't have anyone to sit with my little guy while I was doing it. Yes, I could have arranged something beforehand if I had remembered BEFORE the opening hymn started and I perused the bulletin. Hoping that I could find a mom or dad with their own wayward child in one of the nurseries I took my little guy out of the meeting and started my hunt. Fortunately I was successful and was able to perform my piano duties without a hitch. Yeah, that never lasts long. Once I was finished I decided to stay out of the chapel but my little guy had other ideas. Holy Cow! he's fast! He ran all the way from the back to the front and up the ramp to the choir seats and back down yelling "WHEE!" all in a matter of less than 15 seconds. Not once but two or three times. All the while the entire bishopric is fit to burst from laughing. I guess every now and then Sacrament Meeting needs a little comic relief.

4 comments:

The Reese Family said...

After having children, a mother no longer goes to church to actually learn anything. Don't go expecting to actually hear the lesson or to get to pay attention. Don't expect to feel the spirit either. A mother goes to be the strongest of examples to her children, to teach them that no matter what, this is what we do on Sunday because we love Heavenly Father and this is what He has asked us to do...and doing what He asks of us is the way that we will get to be a forever family. I usually get my spiritual fill around 10pm, after the kids are both asleep. :) Enjoy!

The Reese Family said...

Did I mention that I take Alex & Emma to church by myself EVERY SUNDAY?!? ;)

Kim said...

We've been in that situation for years now! I didn't kow you played the piano--have you always (well, since I've known you) been able to?

I'll e-mail you in the next couple of days!

Melissa said...

Okay, my first question is... where is my freakin brother every Sunday? He should be there shouldering SOME responsibility. And I can say that because he is my brother.

And, I am sorry - but you procreated with my brother, therefore - you can blame him for his antics. And he is cute because he take after you... oh and me of course.