Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seriously ... just shoot me now

I give up. Remember not too long ago I posted about putting up high locks on the front door and back sliding glass door? Remind me again why I did that. Oh yeah ... to keep monkey boy in. Right. And I thought that was going to work because ... ? I can hear some of you snickering, "Oh she's so naive, how cute!" Well I have cursed you all with a painful, oozing sore right in the middle of your forehead where everyone can see it! Why am I in such a snit, you ask? This morning, while I was dawdling over a blueberry bagel, I heard a funny clinking sound. I thought to myself, gee, that sounds like the latch on the front door. Just so you know, I have really good hearing. I look over and there is my little guy standing at the door on one of the bar stools and he has the latch off and the door open. Needless to say the bar stools now reside in an undisclosed location.

6 comments:

Amy said...

That is seriously funny Janet!! When my brother was 2, he figured out that if you take the broom and turn it upside down, you can pop the hook and eye lock out! So then we had to get the locks that had the little springs and luckily he couldn't figure that out!! My brother also figured out how to scale and climb over the 6 foot wood fence we had and go into our neighbor's yard when he was 2, so keep your eyes open for Jonah!!

Melissa said...

OMG! You know it's totally not fair that you are getting all of this back because your husband was the bad seed.

I'm just sayin...

The Stephens Family said...

How could you think that we were snickering at you? You silly girl - we are rolling on the ground and laughing hysterically at you!
Lisa

The Reese Family said...

I'm trying my hardest not to die laughing at you, but in all seriousness, your little dude is a hazard to himself! :) You guys might want to consider putting a deadbolt above your regular doorhandles on the doors that lead outside, the type of locks that have a key (it's flat on one side & has the keyhole on the other side)so you can lock your little man INSIDE. Obviously simple locks are no match for this dude! Best of luck!

Susan said...

I think if you give up eating, showering, going to the bathroom and sleeping you should be A-Okay. But take it from me, you probably won't be. Stephen still managed to down a half bottle of Benedryl from the very top cupboard in a matter of minutes....and he was my "easy" child. Good luck to all HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH (evil laugh).

Chris said...

UGH...sounds like my 2 year old! He is always moving chairs so he can get into things that he can't reach!