Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Adam and Eve on a raft and wreck 'em

Last night, ten o'clock, I'm downstairs with my DH relaxin' in front of the big screen. He's got the remote (of course) so I'm trying not to nod off to ESPN. As we're sitting there just enjoying each other's company I hear, "Mommy! Mommy!". Jerking instantly out of my waking dream of purple peanut M&Ms, I run upstairs to check out the sitch because, for all intents and purposes (or intensive purposes, right Mel?), my little guy should be in la-la land. After almost bulldozing right through him at the top of the stairs my little guy just looks at me so sad and says, "My eggs, mommy." It's kind of hard to see but yes, there are three yolk-y casualties in what can only be described as a hilariously muddled attempt at "breh-fuhst". Give the little guy an "A" for effort though, he even got out the frying pan. To be perfectly honest, it took me a few minutes to see the hilarity (note previous post), seeing as how the last couple of weeks have been the ultimate test of disciplining without leaving noticeable marks. Lucky for little guy I remembered an article I read in the Ensign (church magazine) that talked about not yelling. Okay, the article was way more in depth but you get the picture. And since every time I yell little guy cries like his heart is broken I was able to turn that frown upside down and even bring my blood pressure back to a less dangerous level. Let's see how well that holds up the next time a permanent marker is abused.

5 comments:

Amy said...

You need to turn your blog into a book! It is quite entertaining for me each day to see what "little sweetie" is up to!! I love it!!!

Amy

ForexDude said...

UM Yes...DH here...for the record here...we were watching the Dodger/Phillies game not ESPN...so get your facts straight...LOL...but of course it was sports...

ForexDude said...

Don't forget the toast!

Amy said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog to see what you need to do!!

Connie said...

Ohh yah, wait until he tries to pour himself some juice or some kool-aid without you knowing about it and stains your floor...you seriously might want to consider getting a lock for your fridge now :D