Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

America, you disappoint me

I have a love/hate relationship with reality shows so I don't watch them very often. Especially the competitions. I don't like feeling embarrassed or humiliated or crushed for people I don't know. However, tonight was the finale of "America's Got Talent" and there were a couple of contestants that were actually worth watching. In one of my earlier posts I included a video of the brother duo "Nuttin But Stringz" (classical violin mixed with hip/hop) and mentioned Neal E. Boyd (opera). Both of these performers were in the top 5. I only caught the last 15 minutes and would have missed it all together if I hadn't been channel surfing. Well here's my beef - the choosing of the winner was not done by the judges but by "America" at large. People voted for their favorites and whoever got the most votes won. What if all the people who voted were morons? Based on the fact that "Nuttin But Stringz" was voted in third place I'm thinking most of them were. But that's just my humble opinion. At least the winner (Neal) was someone I would have voted for if I'd known I could vote. Check him out -

2 comments:

marko said...

Neal Boyd’s winning video for America’s Got Talent!!
Neil E Boyd gave an very curious interview immediately after the victory.
watch as it was to see his interview here: http://tubedirects.net/index.php?q=Neil-E-Boyd-interview
Well done!

The Stephens Family said...

I haven't followed the show, but I'm thinking that guy cries a lot. Well, I guess I'd stand on stage and blubber too if I'd just won a million dollars!
Lisa