Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Oh to be 29 again

Here I sit. Another year older. The more time goes by, the older I get. Can you believe that? I remember when I used to think people my age were" gettin' up there". I think I can now be considered "middle aged". What's up with that!?!?!?!?!?! I guess being 41 wouldn't be so bad if my biological clock weren't ticking. Ugh ... did I say 41? Just can't wrap my head around that. And I'm gonna be 50. When? Someday. (What movie is that from? Hint: In the movie she says "And I'm gonna be 40" instead of 50 ... anyway ...) It's probably safe to say I wouldn't be feeling my age so deeply if I didn't have a two and a half year old. Let me give you the Reader's Digest version of my day today:

During shower/getting ready time: little guy takes bottle of sesame oil and pours it everywhere.

During computer time: little guy takes everything out of my purse and uses my lipstick to draw on the TV and wall.

During lunch at restaurant: little guy screams/cries/yells "I'm so mad!" then abruptly falls asleep half way through.

During lunch at restaurant: notice rash on little guy's face that looks disturbingly like measles. False alarm, fortunately, but found out from doc it was a post viral rash that is accompanied by irritability. Understatement of the year.

During what should have been nap time: little guy has several trips to time out for messing around in the junk drawer.

During getting ready for date with daddy time: little guy gets black Sharpie permanent marker out of junk drawer and draws on the carpet. Yes I said carpet.

During visit at auntie's house while mommy and daddy are on a date: little guy is an angel.

It's a conspiracy! I was sure I was going to find my little guy tied up out on the front porch with a big sign saying, "Never come back!" when I went to pick him up. But no, when mommy isn't around he loses interest in his "Let's see if we can make the grown ups blubber in a corner" game. And yes, I do still want another one. Go figure.

4 comments:

The Reese Family said...

Just think of it that he's molding your character. What doesn't kill you will only make you stronger...I think. :p Happy Birthday! You don't look a day over 30! :)

The Reese Family said...

Don't you know it's rude to talk about my mama...she died last year when she was 46, before she could teach me not to lie to my elders. :P

Marcy said...

Sometimes your blog scares me! Huge smile and giggle! I hope that despite all the trouble with Jonah that you had a great birthday!

Melissa said...

Oh I can't wait to squeeze the crap out of him this weekend. Not literally of course. Make sure he knows that... :)