Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Day two

Day two started out great! First thing when we got up we went to the potty and TA-DA! my little guy went pee-pee in the potty! He was so excited! We did high-fives and loves and kisses and he got M&M's and good times were had by all. Unfortunately, I can't convince him that every time he sits on the potty can be like that first time. LOL And don't worry, I won't be giving you a day-by-day detailed report. Because who wants to hear about the next time we went to sit on the potty and someone had pooped in their big boy pants. (Hint: I don't wear big boy pants, just so you know). I have a potty training DVD I bought a while back and had to stop watching it when the host said it could take eight months to potty train a child. Here's to the longest eight months of my life! Cheers.

2 comments:

The Stephens Family said...

I miss lots of things about being a mother of young children - potty training NOT being one of them! I'd much rather leave my kids in diapers until they are old enough to train themselves! Why can't we just give preshcool teachers our cell phone number and say, "Call me if he needs a diaper change." I mean, what are the chances anyway?? I'm sending well wishes your way...
Lisa

Reese said...

Ahhh, no worries, the little man will let you know when he's ready. They grow up too fast anyways. At least he's starting to recognize the urge to go - that's a great start! But yes, him being gone for a couple of hours 2 or 3 times a week at preschool is some nice incentive (for you)- I TOTALLY get that (hence Alex being in full-time Kindergarten, HA!). Keep up the updates!